Stay in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is not so big, so if you are staying in the city center (there are numerous hotels), it is still convenient to reach the venue by public transport.
A practical 1-day tour in Amsterdam
You may consider visiting some of the regions below.
- Museumplein (Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum)
- Dam Square (high streets, Chinatown and red light district)
- Amsterdam Central Station (take a free ferry to the north, EYE Filmmuseum and A'DAM Lookout)
- having some beer in a bar in the evening, trying some snack like bitterballen.
if you have a little more time, you may consider:
- Vondelpark (paradise for runners)
- Anne Frank house
- Follow up local events from Iamsterdam
- See some windmills in Zaanse Schans
- Open air market like Albert Cuyp Market
- Other museums
If you have much more time (more than one day), you may consider:
- having a short trip to other cities: Leiden, Rotterdam and Den Haag.